The application for the 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship will be available online October 1st through November 11th.
And the really big news this year is that the Fellowship is growing from 500 to 1,000 participants.
Check out the fellowship details and application instructions now.
- Here are 6 tips to help you prepare your application:
- Check the eligibility requirements and make sure you meet the qualifications.
- Study the criteria for selection. Think through how to best present your experience and qualifications in those areas.
- Review all the requirements for the application and make a list of what you need.
- Update your resume and have a teacher or a professional associate review it.
- Ask for letters of recommendation from your supervisor or university professor.
- Follow the YALI Network on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest application information.
- The Mandela Washington Fellowship is just one part of the Young African Leaders Initiative. Aside from applying to the program, make sure you stay engaged with the
- YALI Network on Facebook and Twitter to learn about other opportunities to develop leadership skills and connect with other young leaders.